2009-02-19

What time is it?

Last week I spent one glorious day in the company of six intelligent, articulate, witty, and talented people. It's been far too long. Anyway, it started me thinking; why am I spending my time elsewhere? Mostly, I guess, it's force of habit. So, after talking with another friend for about an hour yesterday, I have decided to honour my current commitments, but then focus on my current (and upcoming) schedule.

Next year's 'boat' should be fun, too. We haven't decided, yet, whether to go to Bermuda or the Bahamas for it. Those are the places I'm holding out for, although my friend is also interested in a cruise that will take us to several islands. If money is tight, we may just hop in the car and drive to either Sanibel and Captiva or to the Keys; although returning to Daytona to race up and down the beach on a dirt bike offers that certain nostalgic flavour that I would probably enjoy again. The problem with trying to burn a boat -- even a model one -- on the beach in Daytona is that it's so flat and straight that things can be seen for fairly good distances. The islands would definitely be better for that. The inland waterways are a little too unpredictable for me.

It's definitely time ... to take back my time.

No comments: