2009-01-01

New Year's Day

Well, the first of my New Year's resolutions for this year is to be happier than last year. Shouldn't be difficult. Another one is to live life more fully -- again, not difficult. My third, and last, is to wear jewellery more often.

Alex was *very* affectionate while the furnace was out. It wasn't too bad, actually, because I had two space heaters (one borrowed from the furnace people) to keep the pipes from freezing. It was comfortable enough when I was moving around.

The new furnace is chugging along beautifully but, yesterday, the hot water heater was giving me tepid water at the very hottest! I was concerned about this until I realised that the temperature dial was about knee height. It's possible that one of the gentlemen installing my new furnace brushed against it and changed the setting accidentally. Now I'll have to keep him out of the furnace room ... just in case.

No comments: