2007-12-06

Sonnet 18 - an echo sonnet

Look on my ceaseless efforts, haughty one,
(Haughty one,)
And see how you would wound me with your vain
( You're vain!)
Negligence; tell me, when will you be done,
( Be done)
Glorious love, treating me with disdain?
( With disdain.)
Hear my fervent pleas, my feckless one.
( Feckless one,)
Only give me a moment to explain:
( Explain)
Look on my face and tell me why you shun
( Why you shun)
My love. I'll not rest until my refrain
( My refrain.)
Engages you. I'll stay in Albion
( In Albion)
'Til the end of time and I would remain
( I would remain)
Only yours, sweet Charity. If I won,
( If I won)
Worthy soul, I would be with you again.
( You again.)
Eagerly I will wait 'til unison.
( 'Til unison,)
Refuse me; you will find I'm all undone.
( I'm all undone!)

No comments: