2008-07-10

Books, and more books

Life is so good. It's nice to feel upbeat instead of morose.

I actually feel like I'm starting to get somewhere with my boxes (72 of them) of books. I emptied 6 more of the boxes last night. It's a good thing I hired packers because I would have tried to box the books according to subject matter and historical period. Because they were not thusly encumbered, I'm having fun with the surprises I'm pulling out of the boxes.

Now, I have piles for: Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Viking, ... and every century after that. Then there's the pile for books that span multiple centuries -- like H. G. Wells' Outline of History; Counties of Britain (in two fat volumes); several heraldry books that I wasn't able to sell last year for extra cash.

Just seeing the books makes me more cheerful.

No comments: