2008-06-28

Too bushed to boogie

Here it is, Saturday night and I'm sitting at my computer -- not that I'm complaining. Many of my friends are at an event near Oshawa, Ontario. With all the thunderstorms this weekend, I'm really glad that I realised, well in advance, that I couldn't afford to go.

I spent most of the day unpacking and sorting books. Fortunately, they are not the type I'd be inclined to sit down and read -- just to see if they're as good as I remember.

Today it was office books -- reference materials, thesauruses (or thesauri; apparently either one is correct because the word came to us through the Latin from the Greek), business guides, style books, etc. There seemed to be so many more of them in my tiny little office on Holmwood. Now that I'm here, I'm wondering what to do with all the space. I know I didn't lose any boxes of these books because I numbered them and brought them to the new house myself. They are all here.

Of course, I don't have all the clutter of other things on the shelves that were wedged in to keep the cats from chewing them. I guess, over the next little while, I will be getting rid of even more clutter than I did in the months before I moved.

I seem to have a great many more bookmarks than I remember, too, but one can never have too many bookmarks.

No comments: